Are you living in or around Tyrrelstown ? Are you looking for a place of worship?
This is the place to be .
We are Seeking to share the Good News of Jesus Christ, to bring hope, encourage personal faith and use your gifts to build up the ministry of the Church and serve the community.
Blanchardstown Methodist church is a part of the
Dublin Central Mission Circuit, including Abbey Street, Dublin, and Lucan, there being 5 City Missions in Ireland. Our vision is to reflect God's love by welcoming, serving and supporting those who need it most.
1. The church gathering started in 1986 in St. Brigid’s Community Centre, courtesy of Fr. Seamus McGeehan and parish council.
2. Rev. Ken Lindsay was Minister from 1986-88 and the congregation grew more rapidly than expected.
3. From 1986-89 the minister lived in Clonsilla.
4. The minister moved back to Lucan in 1989 and shortly after the congregation ceased meeting in the Community Centre and held services for a time in Connolly Hospital
5. Services discontinued from about 1991 until 2008.
6. Blanchardstown Methodist Church was started in the year 2008 with a few families who were attending Dublin Central Mission. It was started by Rev. John Stephens with Philip McKinley as Church Development Worker from 2008 to 2014 at Tyrrelstown Educate together National School class room .
7. In 2013 we got our rented premises in Tyrrelstown Town Centre where we are currently worshiping .
8.Rev . Ken Lindsay recommenced his ministry from 2015- 2018.
10. Rev .Tawanda Sungai's ministry commenced in 2018 and is to date at Blanchardstown Methodist church and Lucan Methodist Church .